Sunday 15 March 2015

BOOK REVIEW | THE WINNER'S CRIME BY MARIE RUTKOSKI

Title: The Winner's Crime
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Series or standalone: #2 in the Winner's Trilogy
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Publication Date: 3rd March 2015
Format: eArc
Source: Netgalley


Firstly, I just want to thank Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review. 
I recently read the first book in this trilogy, The Winner's Curse, and was immediately hooked through the beautiful writing weaved in with an intricate and intriguing plot. This book, however, completely blew me away. In the first book, I had felt a slight detachment to the main character Kestrel, but in this book, I have absolutely no complaints. I felt as though we really got to know Kestrel and her emotional turmoil was one that I physically felt in my heart while I was reading this book. It was a complete step up from the first book in every way. We get to meet new characters who sparked extremely strong emotions from me throughout the book. Some I loathed with a fiery passion and others I grew to love and admire. We also get to see some of the minor characters that we knew from the first book. I love how political this book is and usually I would find that boring as a main plot point, but Marie had me hooked and I honestly couldn't put it down, only when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer! Her writing is exquisite without being overwhelming and you can tell how well thought out this entire world is and I honestly just can't wait to see what the final book will bring. I'm even a little scared for it haha.

I honestly have nothing negative to say about this book except, WHERE IS THE NEXT ONE BECAUSE THAT CLIFFHANGER ALMOST KILLED ME. 


Plot: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★
Writing: ★★★★★
Romance/Feels: ★★★★★
Ending:
★★★★★
Overall Enjoyment:
★★★★★


Final Rating:  5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment