Sunday 15 March 2015

BOOK REVIEW | WHO WE ARE BY ONE DIRECTION

Title: Who We Are
Author: One Direction
Series or standalone: standalone
Genre: Non-fiction/autobiography
Publication Date: 25th September 2014
Format: Hardcover
Source: Bought



I never, ever thought I'd be a One Direction fan, but my bestie Chelsea (who you all should follow because she's amazing - link below) got me into them and I just have to say that their music and their videos have really helped me a lot lately. As most of you know, I'm in the middle of getting treated for severe anxiety and depression and to be honest, the boys just make me feel better. 
I just loved reading their individual feelings on everything that's happened to them so far and I have to say that Harry's section was definitely my favourite (not only because he's my favourite band member) but also because I feel that his was the most truthful, emotional and influential. People say all this crap about him and who he's dating and whatever, but they fail to mention the huge heart he has and the incredible things he does for people all over the world without even telling his publicists or anything so you know he's just doing it out of the goodness of his heart. Ed Sheeran said that he spent a couple thousand dollars going around  feeding and getting to know homeless people one day, and no one even knows about it. 
I just love these boys and they have brought me so much joy in the past week that I've become a 1D fangirl and I think they're just great in every single way.

If you think you hate one direction, I definitely recommend getting a closer look into their music and their movie and stuff because you'll probably fall head over heels just like I did. Their movie 'This is Us' is absolutely HILARIOUS and is a fabulous insight into their down to earth personalities dealing with going on tour and also their 'Where We Are Tour Concert' because it is just freaking incredible and some of you may or may not know that they write the majority of their songs. What talent and what a fantastic book!

5 stars!

Chelsea: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16219087-chelsea-goranson

1 comment:

  1. I actually like 1D.So if it's half as good as you're saying it'll be worth the time

    ReplyDelete