Sunday 4 January 2015

Book Review | A Safe Space by E.M. Tippetts

Title: A Safe Space
Author: E.M. Tippetts
Series: Fourth book in a companion series
Publisher: Victory Editing
Format: eArc
Source: NetGalley
Genre: New Adult Romance
Goodreads

Plot: ★★★★
I immediately requested this title as soon as I read the blurb! It follows a character that rose to fame as a nickelodeon child star in a show that mirrors our ‘Hannah Montana’. Hannah Montana was my favourite show as a young teen and I just LOVE the idea of reading books about famous people trying to make their way through the business. I thought the plot was interesting and believable and I didn’t want to put this book down!

Characters: ★★★★
I adored the main character. She was a beautiful person, always helping those in need even though she doesn’t really have a family or any money left from her child star days. She was a really inspiring character. I loved all of the secondary characters as well, and it just made me want to read the other companion books because I liked them so much! The love interest was different and odd, and I kind of felt like he was two different people from the start of the book to the end. His character was the only one I felt to be a bit forced and unbelievable at times, especially when he got a bit stalkerish and weird towards the end.

Writing: ★★★★
Great writing, the author obviously knows a lot about the business an how to put this on paper. Her writing flowed effortlessly and like I said before, I couldn’t put this book down! I also just want to mention how GORGEOUS the chapter headings are. WOW.

Romance/Feels: ★★★.5
Here’s the thing, I wasn’t entirely sold on the romance. I don’t really know what it is about it, but I have a feeling it’s the male leads doing. I just wasn’t convinced with him and he seemed like two entirely different people at different points of the book.

Ending: ★★★★.5
I loved the ending though. It was beautiful and satisfied me so well. A great resolution.

Overall Enjoyment: ★★★★
Definitely enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who was a fan of Hannah Montana, or the entertainment business in general who likes a good romance.

Rereadability: Possibly


Final Rating:  4 stars to be exact!

No comments:

Post a Comment