Tuesday 8 July 2014

BOOK REVIEW | Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Genre: YA Contemporary

My Rating: ★★★★★

Click here to go to this books' goodreads page!

Goodreads Summary:
Can Anna find love in the City of Light?
Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?


I just finished reading this book for the second time and I can say with confidence that I will keep rereading this book until I'm old and wrinkly. Don't let the title and the weird people cover fool you! THIS BOOK IS PERFECT. The two Stephanie Perkins books that I have read are honestly the most perfect YA contemporaries that I have ever read. Seriously. If you look up perfect in the dictionary, a picture of Stephanie Perkins will be there.

This story follows Anna as she's sent off to an American boarding school in Paris, where she meets some amazing new friends and her new best friend, Etienne St. Clair (who she tried not to swoon over but come on, that's impossible when he's the most handsome thing on the planet). If you've read this book, the swoons are taking over at the mention of his name. I know. I know. He's perfectly imperfect. We all know it. Let's move on.

This has everything you could possibly want in a YA contemporary book. It has relatable and flawed characters, amazing friendships, great family dynamics, a FANTASTIC setting, humorous dialogue and the cutest romance you could ever wish for. Everything about this book will make you smile until your face hurts, and guarantee, you won't be able to put the book down! And it's not one of those books that you'll read and then return it to the library, or leave it on your shelf to collect dust forever, NO, YOU WILL WANT TO REREAD IT AS SOON AS YOU FINISH IT. 

That's honestly all you need to know and I could sit here all day and write about how much I love this book and how much I adore Stephanie Perkins' writing and how to creates such realistic characters that actually have depth to them, but I'll just leave it at this and tell you that this book is absolutely brilliant in every possible way. 

Click here to check out my review of her other book Lola and the Boy Next Door!

No comments:

Post a Comment